15 December 2012

Week 98 Anniversary

We have a theme for you this week and it is 
ANNIVERSARY
You don't necessarily need to have the word Anniversary on the card but we'd like it to be suitable for the occasion.

The choice of theme this week is most indulgent on my part, as today is my 39th Wedding Anniversary. 
I don't think I'll be getting a card from my husband until a little later in the day... it was raining yesterday and being a last minute merchant as far as card buying is concerned, he didn't want to go out and get wet...so he hasn't got one yet. He has made dinner reservations however and I know which I prefer.
Here's my card for him!
I don't remember the make of the stamp, but it's a polymer one I bought on eBay many a day ago. It's coloured with Promarkers and mounted on Nesties popped up on a few dimensionals. The sentiment is computer generated in Andalus and Passions Conflict fonts. (I often is the latter font for weddingly cards... bit of an ironic name!)
This card was made for some friends of ours whose anniversary is on Monday. Once we discovered that our   respective anniversaries were so close we have been out for a meal with them to have a joint celebration for each of the last 20 or 30 years. (I don't remember exactly how many!)
For this card I heat embossed three pieces of card, one with the script stamp, one with the paisley and one with the manuscript, which I then proceeded to die-cut with the Die-Namics hexagon die. These were mounted on the larger hexagons cut in silver.
The flourish is from Marianne's I believe and the  sentiment is is from a Woodware stamp.
There are a few more examples on my personal blog!
For this weeks theme I wanted to try something a little different.  For my first card I printed the words "One Year On" in typewriter style font and then using the Stampin' Up heart punch I cut red pearl card and then added the hearts by using my sewing machine down the centre.  It's finished by rounding off a corner. Simple, but lots of white space!!

For the second card, I printed a simple sentiment and then placed the card into a Stampin' UP embossing folder, just trimming it to fit the card blank in the same colour.  It's finished off with some SU wisteria wonder twine. Sorry the photo isn't great, pearl card looks fab IRL but not so much in the photos.
Not many sleeps left until Christmas now, I hope everyone's preparations are well under way.
Do join us in this challenge, we're always amazed by the wealth of talent amongst LIMettes!
Have a great week.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous examples Ladies, will get my thinking cap on while I am out this morning. Hope to join in today instead of the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous DT cards,
    and happy 39 th anniversary!!!
    Tamara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 39th Wedding Anniversary - and may you have many more(42 years coming up for me) hugs Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards everyone & Happy Anniversary to Chrissie too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! My dh and I have our anniversary is this weekend too! Thanks for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun to make a non-Christmas card today - thanks for the fab challenge! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards again this week. Chrissie, hope you have a wonderful 39th wedding anniversary meal tonight - I'd rather that than a card any day!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary Chrissie !I liked all the cards .very elegant and beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards from you all and another lovely challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary Chrissie! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the fun challenge and gorgeous inspiration from the both of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Gorgeous samples -- It is so good to be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I won't be taing part in the Less Is More Challenges any longer as i have decided to close my little Blog-but i just wanted to wish Chrissie,Mandi and Jen and all the bloggers who take part a very Happy Christmas.I have had a lot of fun entering,and i have met some lovely crafty folks along the way :) Happy Christmas,love Nessa (the crafty corner) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas to you too Nessa and thanks for your kind comments.
      You can always email your entries to us even if you don't have a Blog you know!

      Delete
  15. Hi Crissie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, enjoy your meal.
    I did manage some challenges this year and as you know I did the last one, my health has been very bad (M.S. etc) but I aim to try very hard to do at least 1 challenge each week in the New Year, I have always loved the simpler styles, and for some challenge you have to stick so much on it ends up OTT. I am looking forward to next years challenges.
    I wish you and your "A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, chill and enjoy, love Carole Lockhart Stuart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie
    I loved reading this piece! Well written!

    Merlen Hogg
    hms

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.