25 June 2011

Week 21 - Sketch

It was a bit like the acetate week don't you think?
It seems like we caused a few headaches around the globe this last week, with many LIMettes not quite getting the essence of what a monogram was all about, but having a go nevertheless, for which we thank you all. SO we think the score to date should be LIMettes 18 v Divas 2
Our challenge this week is a
SKETCH
This is only the second time that we have had a sketch for one of our challenges. Once more it's very simple, but  hey, that's what our challenge is all about... and it could be interpreted in a variety of ways. 
Your card doesn't have to be exactly this shape and the elements don't have to be circular, but the basic sketch should be recognisable.
Chrissie

This primitive looking design uses Quickutz dies to make these funky looking chickens.. I love chickens. You can see a couple who reside in my kitchen on my blog!
They were lightly inked and mounted on Coredinations papers, which were scored and sanded at the edges. The ribbon was rescued from a gift from my daughter-in-law.
A little tip for flattening ribbons... I use my hair straighteners, they work really well.
The sentiment stamp is a favourite of mine from Stampin' Up.

For my first card I took the sketch literally.
 Using my fav Stampin Up Circle Circus I stamped the large floral circles and cut them out using the corresponding circle punch, then set them aside to dry completely.The card base [15cm square] is Melon Mambo, I printed the sentiment on the computer using Agatha font here in black. I cut a panel from a Cuttlebug dots die and trimmed to approx 14cm x 5.5cm, rounding off the opposite corners. I then attached the circles and added the bling and pinched daisies.
For my second card I deviated more from the sketch this time.


 The card is the same 15cm square and again printed the sentiment on the computer in green using Mutlu font here. I embossed the panel using a Sizzix embossing folder set called 'Hello Friend' here and added the pearls. I did pay particular attention to the trimming of this panel to make sure it was totoally even, so the pearls would look symmetrical. Lastly I added the roses, I always buy from here
I made this card for a wedding client of mine. Their theme is 'Secret Garden' pastel green, pink and white.


We really hope that this week's challenge proves to be a little less stressful and a lot more fun! So come on all you LIMettes, show us your interpretations of our Clean and Simple sketch!


Hope you are all smiling this week!
Happy crafting

40 comments:

  1. Fab sketch Ladies, I'm off to get my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandi and Chrissie
    Great easy sketch.....i am out all morning ....will get straight on to it when iam back Fabulous......
    hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch ladies!! And super inspiration cards too. Now off for breakfast and time to think :)

    I think you'll be back to 300 entries this week :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...or more! I love the sketch and all those beautiful inspiration samples too. Back later... Vx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep love the sketch think I may make my anniversary card based on this sketch x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies, Great idea, lots of room for interpretation. Thank you very much, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi girls
    great sketch, fabulous cards as always, think i can manage this one!! lol, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant sketch and your cards are fabulous. Off to get my thinking cap on.
    Makureen......x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have been having a look through your challenge archive while waiting for this weeks to come on line. You have some brilliant ideas, and it is so much fun. Beautiful cards this week as usual, love the chickens, am off to get my thinking cap on.
    Cheers Ladies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice easy peasy one this week girls. I predict 300+ entries and some fab designs. Great inspiration from you both, thank you.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suspect a slightly higher entry count this week :-) Love the inspiration cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous sketch and fabulous cards. Beautiful.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab sketch and SUPER design team cards for inspiration - I'm still in the "planning" stage myself!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh top tip about the straighteners! fab inspiration cards too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this sketch so nice to see one that is uncluttered. So sorry about the number of entries 2 have now been removed as the main challenge my card is for is this one! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smashing DT cards ladies, as always! An easier challenge this week? I'm not so sure as sketches are not my faves but hey, that's what challenges are all about so I'll have a go. Off to have a think.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sketch and inspiration from you both. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Had time to join in this time! thank you for great challenges xx and awesome inspiration from Mandi and Chrissy! but also for the challengers too! Thanks EVERYONE!! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Sketch, Had time this week to play, have a new wee friend who is taking up lots of my craft time!!! (Puppy)
    Love your cards as ever they are super.
    Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terrific samples from you both. Have just come on line and already there are zillions of entries....lol How fab. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH Yeah! I can DO Circles. Thanks Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoyed this so much I can see myself using this sketch a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great sketch and inspiration cards sorry not played last 2 challenges but been sooooooooo busy Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh brilliant sketch guys,your cards are as ever stunning love that white one its gorgeous,I have made,2 this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab sketch ladies - loved this challenge! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. right now your challenge is the only one I am making myself keep up with - thanks for making sure that my mojo gets a work out once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous inspiration girls, loved the sketch too, enjoyed it :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Chrissie,
    I was SURE my word-verificationwas disabled. So, thanks for your comment - i've changed it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great sketch and plenty of inspiration.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great sketch and so many fab cards already this week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks for the chance at entering your challenge and I hope I did everything ok. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can you please remove my entry (#161)? A DT member left a message stating that it was not CAS enough. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great sketch and samples, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks for a great challenge. Will go and visit your blogs later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely sketch & inspiration - I've based my weekly christmas card on the sketch - but haven't entered on your challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great sketch girls, love it!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fun sketch! Gorgeous examples above too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Had fun with your sketch-I would like to use it for my Rogue Redhead Designs post on 7-5-if I give your site credit and a link would that be o.k. with you?
    granybg@yahoo.com
    Won't wait til last minute to enter next week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW!!! 250 cards, all are great.... how on earth you pick winners is beyond me.
    hugs,Regina

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.